Who Am I?
- A Black queer man from the Bronx who wants to rep his peoples
- A psychotherapist/mental health counselor who wants to share his knowledge
I am a Black NYS licensed psychotherapist (LMHC) with significant clinical experience providing long term individual, group, and couple’s psychotherapy to people of various ages, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, genders, etc. as well as people living with various kinds of physical illnesses, chronic health conditions, trauma histories, substance use issues, etc.
I am dedicated to:
- A postmodern, client-centered, trauma-informed therapeutic approach
- Using harm reduction, motivational interviewing, and cognitive-behavioral interventions as needed
- Intersectionality as a way of understanding the client’s perspective
- Therapy as a collaborative effort between the therapist and client
The Purpose of This Blog:
- To serve as a standing reference page where I can occasionally post information and my own thoughts RE: psychology, sexuality, politics, etc.
- To discuss my experiences and position as a Black queer psychotherapist in the counseling field, in this country, and in the greater world.
Feel free to send questions and/or topic ideas to email@example.com.
Follow me on Twitter @QueeringPsych.
All the information on the QueeringPsychology website is for information purposes only and may change at any time as research and knowledge on these issues evolve.
[Don’t confuse this website and/or the info on this website for actual therapy. To get actual therapy, you need to do an intake and sign an agreement for therapy with a therapist. Reading and using this website is NOT the same thing as working with a mental health professional. Again, this website was created to share information only.]
Using this site and/or any communication through this site at no time forms a therapeutic relationship between you and the writer/psychotherapist. Mr. Pierre assumes no liability for the information on this website or any consequences that may result from its use. No legal, counseling, or other professional services are being rendered via this website.
[Being on this website does not mean I am your therapist. If I did not actively consent to being your therapist with paperwork and signatures, I am NOT your therapist. Nothing I write on here, via email, and/or on Twitter is therapy or takes the place of therapy.]
*If you need immediate attention, please call emergency services and/or go to the nearest emergency department in a hospital for appropriate help and treatment.*